Big News for Tourists!
Malaysia has recently announced a 30-day visa-free entry for travelers from the Middle East, Türkiye, Jordan, China, and India, starting from December 1, 2023. This initiative by Prime Minister Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim aims to boost tourism and make it easier for visitors to explore the rich cultural tapestry of Malaysia, including the historic city of Melaka.
What Does This Mean for Travelers?
Visitors from these regions can now enjoy up to a month in Malaysia without the hassle of obtaining a visa. This policy is subject to security screenings but significantly eases travel plans, making spontaneous trips and longer stays more feasible.
Other Countries with Visa-Free Access
Malaysia’s welcoming stance extends beyond these countries. Nationals from numerous other jurisdictions also enjoy visa-free entry:
- 90 Days Visa-Free: Countries like Australia, Canada, Germany, Japan, and the United Kingdom, among others.
- 30 Days Visa-Free: Includes nations like Indonesia, Thailand, the Philippines, and many more.
For those planning to visit Melaka, this announcement is a golden opportunity to explore its UNESCO-listed heritage, indulge in its unique Peranakan cuisine, and experience its vibrant multicultural atmosphere.
- Plan Ahead: Despite the visa-free access, it’s wise to plan your trip, especially regarding accommodations in Melaka, how to get to Melaka and how to move around in Melaka.
- Cultural Etiquette: Embrace the local customs and traditions for a more immersive experience.
- Explore Beyond: Melaka is a treasure trove of history, culture, and gastronomy. Venture beyond the usual tourist spots to discover its hidden gems.
With Malaysia opening its doors wider, there’s never been a better time to explore its wonders. Melaka, with its historical significance and cultural richness, should definitely be on your itinerary.